In everyday households, there are several common foods and plants that can cause mild to severe reactions and even death in some circumstances to your pet. This is our comprehensive list of household items to be careful and aware of:
|Coffee and Caffeine (Including Pods, Beans, Grounds & Tea Bags)|
|Fat Trimmings and Cooked Bones|
|Grapes, Raisins and Sultanas|
|Milk & milk based products|
|Corn on the cob|
|Mouldy foods/bin scraps|
|Onions, Garlic, Chives|
|Xylitol (Found in chewing gum, lollies & toothpaste)|
|Seeds & pits from Persimmons, Peaches, and Plums|
|Lemongrass Essential Oil|
|Oven Cleaners and Automatic Dishwasher Detergents|
|Sugary Foods and Drinks|
|Lilium species such as Easter lilies, Tiger lilies, Asiatic and Oriental lilies|
If your pet has ingested any of these foods, medications or plants, call us immediately for advice – 9584 6100.
The sooner you give us a call the better so that we can treat your pet if necessary. It helps us if you can tell us the quantity ingested and how long ago the ingestion occurred.